Bulgogi - Korean Grilled Beef
Wonderful flavors, and fun, easy meal to enjoy with friends!
Allow 2 hours for marinating beef!
- 1 1/2 lbs Thinly sliced beef. (I use Flank Steak and Flat Iron Steak, you can use any top cut of beef such as Rib-eye, Sirloin etc.)
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 4 T white sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 of a medium onion, sliced into half moon strips
- 3 green onions sliced thinly inclding white parts
- 1/4 to 1/2 t pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 t grated ginger
- 3 T toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 C seasoned rice wine vinegar
- cilantro as garnish
- Gochujang (Korean Pepper Sauce found at Asian markets)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Lay beef on cutting board and slice by laying knife flat on beef, looking for thin card-stock like slices.
Toast Sesame seeds in fry pan about 3-4 min.
Add everything except meat to a bowl and whisk together. Reserve 1/2 Cup for dipping sauce and add 1 T of Gochujang (Korean Pepper Sauce) to sauce.
Place rest in plastic freezer bag and add meat marinating for at least 2 hours.
Grill Meat about 3 min per side,
Serve with rice, leaf of lettuce and sauces