BANANA SPLIT TRIFLE
Serves 8-10 (or just me and one other, I do share after all)
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix or Angel Food Cake Mix or even chocolate cake mix
- 1 Lg Pkg. Instant vanilla Pudding Please do not use banana flavored
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (or 6 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained)
- 1 Container - Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries, diced
- 1/2 C Pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
Adapted from facebook.com
Prepare the cake and make sure it’s completely cooled before assembling the dessert.
Cut the cake into bite-sized pieces. Prepare the pudding mix. In a trifle dish (or large salad bowl) preferably a clear bowl cause it looks so pretty. Break up the bite-size pieces, using half the cake for the first layer. Top the cake pieces with half of the pudding, half of the bananas, half of the strawberries, half of the pineapple, half of the Cool Whip, half the Maraschino cherries, half of the chocolate syrup and half of the nuts. Repeat all these steps with the remaining ingredients in the same order. Chill until ready to serve.
*Hint: Don’t allow the pudding to set completely before assembling because you want it to work it’s way in between the cake pieces before it firmly sets.