Paleo Vegan Chocolate Coconut Pudding Pie
This pudding is vegan, grain-free, and free of refined sugars. What could be better? A sinfully delicious desert that is actually not sinful at all for your Love on Valentines Day.
- 1 Honey Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 large banana
- 2 ripe avocado
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 can coconut milk (for the coconut whipped cream)
Adapted from againstallgrain.com
Pre-bake the pie crust at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside until it is completely cool.
Combine all of the ingredients, except the shredded coconut, in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Stir in the shredded coconut by hand, then pour the pudding into the chilled pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Top with whipped coconut cream and serve cold!
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream
Place the can of coconut milk, or 2 cups fresh, in the refrigerator overnight. Chill a glass or metal bowl in the freezer along with your beaters for at least 30 minutes.
Carefully remove the coconut milk from the fridge so you don’t disturb the separation. Scoop off the cream that has risen to the top and place in chilled bowl.
Beat on high until peaks form. Drizzle a teaspoon of honey in while the beaters are still going.