Chewy Oatmeal Raisin
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
1) Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat the butter, sugar and molasses in a large bowl with a mixer on med-high speed until fluffy, about 5 mins. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth, about 2 more minutes.
2) Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Stir in the raisins by hand. For the best flavor and texture, cover the dough and chill at least 4 hrs, or overnight.
3) Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
4) Form the dough into 24 balls, about 2 TBS each, and arrange 3" apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with the back of a fork.
5) Bake until the cookies are golden, 15 to 17 mins. Let cool 5 mins on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Picnic Lemon Chicken (adapted from... 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chocolate Black Bean Blender... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Bread 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Raisin Filled Cookies 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)