Chicken with Mushrooms, Prosciutto, and Cream Sauce
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 30.8g
Total Carbs: 3.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 6 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices prosciutto (thin sliced)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Drizzle butter into a casserole dish. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Wrap chicken thighs in prosciutto, and place in casserole dish. Sprinkle mushrooms and remaining garlic on top of chicken.
3. Bake in a preheated oven until juices run clear, about 1 hour. Remove chicken to a platter, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
4. Pour drippings from casserole into a skillet set over medium-low heat. Whisk in wine and sour cream, and cook until warmed through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Pour over chicken, and serve.