- 1/2 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. onion minced
- 1 tbsp. celery diced
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 whole egg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2 tbsp. oil for sautéing
1. In a large stainless-steel bowl, combine all ingredients except crab meat and bread crumbs.
2. Using gloved hands, gently mix in crab meat, then add bread crumbs.
3. Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface.
4. Form crab mixture into equal balls, approximately two inches in diameter. Place on crumbs.
5. Gently flatten the ball of crab mixture and round the edges. Form cakes about one-half inch thick and three inches round. Refrigerate.
6. In a sauté pan, melt 2 tbsp. of oil until hot. Gently slide in crab cakes 2 at a time.
7. Brown on one side approximately two-to-three minutes. Turn and brown on the other side. Turn down heat to simmer and cook crab cakes another 5-8 minutes.