Tasty Turkey Tacos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Optional Toppings
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup "Mexican-style" shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat or regular sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeños
- Taco sauce or salsa
- Click here to buy!
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Sauté the onion for 5 to 8 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add turkey and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently to break it up. Add tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and paprika and stir well to combine. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave on HIGH for 15 to 30 seconds.
When ready to serve, place toppings in small bowls on the table. Layer about 1/3 cup of turkey in a tortilla and add desired toppings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories 370, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9.0 g, Saturated Fat 1.7 g, Trans Fat 0.0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.1 g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.4 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 735 mg, Total Carbohydrate 43 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 29 g;
FRESHDIRECT NUTRITION PER SERVING
3 carbohydrate servings (Corn Tortillas recommended)