Rachael Ray's Blush Pasta
- 1 box of fettuccini
- 1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed Italian tomatoes, such as San Marzano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Handful fresh basil, leaves torn
- (1 pinch of sugar if you can't get Italian crushed tomatoes)
Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the pasta. When the water reaches a boil, salt it and add the pasta. Cook to al dente according to package directions and then drain. Return pasta to pot it was cooked in and reserve.
While the pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium low heat, then add EVOO. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until translucent and fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the can of tomatoes to the pan, bring up to a bubble and let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the heavy cream and stir together to make a blush sauce. Add the sauce to the pot of cooked pasta along with the torn basil and parmigiano-reggiano cheese. Toss together and serve.