Slow-Cooker Turkey Stroganoff
- 8 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (about 20 ounces)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 3- to 4-pound split turkey breast, skin removed, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (see Tip)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles (6 cups dry), cooked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Combine mushrooms, carrots and onion in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add turkey, meat-side down. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours (or on Low for 8 hours).
Transfer the turkey to a cutting board.
Whisk sour cream, flour and sherry in a bowl. Stir into the slow cooker along with peas, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on High until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Remove the turkey from the bone and cut into bite-size pieces; cover to keep warm. When the sauce is done, gently stir in the turkey. Serve over noodles, sprinkled with parsley.