Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 10 oz uncooked jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 pouch (8 oz) Old El Paso® roasted tomato Mexican cooking sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (10 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on box.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked. Add cooking sauce and salt; mix well to combine. Add 1/2 cup of the tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the cheese; stir well.
Using about 1 heaping tablespoon beef mixture in each, fill cooked pasta shells; place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup tomatoes and chopped cilantro over filled shells. Top evenly with remaining 2 cups cheese.
Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
To reheat the stuffed pasta shells, cover in foil and reheat in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
Serve with Mexican rice and refried beans. Top with hot sauce if you prefer some heat.