- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and black pepper, and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
Add mushrooms and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, or until sauce thickens.
Mushrooms pair well with everything, and this hearty trio is no exception! Try 'em topping steaks, chops, or even burgers for a burst of flavor.