Roasted Red Pepper Pasta - Pioneer Woman
Pioneer Woman: One of my favorite things on earth. And takes no time at all! And you can serve it with a grilled chicken breast or slice the chicken and mix it in with the sauce.
- 12 ounces, weight Pasta Of Your Choice (I Prefer Short Ones Like Rigatoni, Penne, Etc.)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 whole Large Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 jar (15.5 Ounces) Roasted Red Peppers, Drained And Roughly Chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (more To Taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Shavings (more For Serving)
- Finely Minced Parsley
- Chopped Fresh Basil (if You Have It!)
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the chopped red peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until hot.
Remove the skillet from the heat. Carefully transfer the contents of the skillet to a food processor or blender. Place on the lid and puree the pepper mixture until totally blended (there will still be some texture to the peppers.)
Heat the other 2 tablespoon butter back to the skillet over medium heat. Pour the pepper puree back into the skillet. Add the broth, salt, and pepper, and stir until heated. Splash in the cream and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if you need to.
Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Add Parmesan and parsley/basil, then stir it together to coat the pasta.
Serve in bowls with extra Parmesan and a sprinkling of parsley on top.