Creamy Mushroom Wonton Cups
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4-6 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms (shitake and crimini, button- no portabello)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 head or roasted garlic
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-250 gr pkg cream cheese
- fresh herbs (thyme, parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wonton Cups
- olive oil
Heat oil and bacon in a large skillet over medium high until bacon is crisp, remove and drain on paper towel. add the mushrooms cook for 2-3 mins. Add shallots and continue cooking until all the liquid is evaporated. Stir in roasted garlic, mustard and heavy cream. Allow the cream to reduce to a thick consistency. Add cream cheese and reserved bacon, stir until melted and heated through. Season to taste with fresh herbs salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim wonton cups into a circle and brush with some olive oil. Press into mini muffin cups and bake until golden brown about 8 mins. Be careful the can burn quickly. Cool.
Spoon or pipe mushroom filling into wonton cups and serve while still warm.