Cheesy Sausage and Penne Casserole
Smoked sausage and cheese mingle in this crowd-pleasing Italian penne pasta bake.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian-style cheese blend (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1 Heat oven to 350°. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2 While pasta is cooking, melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, 1/2 tea-spoon Italian seasoning, the pepper and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in Italian cheese blend and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese until melted.
3 Gently stir pasta and sausage into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 3-quart casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)