Daria's Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
"Long,slow cooking(7 to8 hrs) renders top round steak tender enough to use in place of the cuts that are normally required for Beef stroganoff"
- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak,cut into strips
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion,chopped
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz) can canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon dried chives
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Place the beef in the bottom of a slow cooker,and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place onion on top of beef, and then add mushroom soup, mushrooms,and water. Season with chives,garlic,Worcestershire sauce,and bouillon.
2. In a small bowel, mix together the wine with the flour. Pour over the beef.
3. Cover,and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.Stir in the sour cream and parsley and continue cooking for 1 hour.