Pork Burritos Recipe
Pork burritos are great topped with veggies like lettuce & tomatoes. You can add so much to a burrito and not go wrong.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Sour Cream
Preparation time 30mins
Adapted from blogchef.net
Cut the pork roast in half and place the halves into the bottom of the slow cooker. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, honey, jalapeño and salt.
Cover and process until smooth. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat is tender.
Remove the roast from the slow cooker, cool slightly.
Shred the pork using two forks and return to the slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place about ½ cup of the pork mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with some black beans, shredded cheese, and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over the filling and roll up.