Summertime Pasta Salad
- 1 pound tri-color fusilli pasta
- 3 bell peppers (yellow, red and green), cut into strips
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes, halved (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- One 6.5-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a baking sheet to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, artichokes, onion, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Add the pasta, basil and lemon juice and toss again. Season to taste with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.