Summer Sausage Hobo Packets
- 1 * 1 pound summer sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 * 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 * 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 * 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 * 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 * 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 * 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 * 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 * 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 * 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup butter, cut into eight cubes
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
* In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in the chicken and tomatoes. Divide mixture among eight double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top each with a butter cube.
* Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Carefully open foil to allow steam to escape; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.