Steak Tips with Peppered Mushroom Gravy
Total: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup beef mixture and 2/3 cup noodles)
12.5g (sat 5.3g,mono 4.2g,poly 1.2g)
- * 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- * Cooking spray
- * 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- * 1 tablespoon butter
- * 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- * 1 (8-ounce) package presliced baby bella mushrooms
- * 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- * 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- * 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- * 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- * 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- * 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. While noodles cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan; cover.
3. Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in soy sauce. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Add pepper, salt, and thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Discard thyme sprigs. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.