Creamy Chicken Penne
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg. (6 oz. ) snow peas
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup DI GIORNO Grated Romano Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
COOK pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook chicken and onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 6 to 8 min. or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Add peas, peppers and garlic; cook and stir 1 min. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
MELT butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese and Romano; cook 1 to 2 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly.
DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture and sauce; toss to coat. Top with parsley.