Soft Tacos With Sausage And Feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 hot Italian sausages - (abt 6 1/2 oz) casings removed
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 corn tortillas - (6" dia)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/3 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- Purchased red or green salsa
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until brown, coarsely crumbling with back of spoon, about 4 minutes. Push sausage to side of skillet. Add onion and cumin to skillet; sauté until onion is golden and sausage is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Stir to combine.
Char tortillas over gas flame or electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Wrap in foil; let stand 2 minutes. Fill each tortilla with sausage mixture, 1 generous tablespoon feta, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and 1/3 cup lettuce. Serve with salsa.
To heat and char tortillas: Place a tortilla directly on a gas or electric burner set on high. Using tongs, flip tortilla after it begins to brown, about 10 seconds per side. Wrap tortilla in foil to keep warm, and repeat with remaining tortillas.
This recipe yields 4 servings.