- 12 large manicotti shells
- 4 C shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 C ricotta cheese
- 6 T chopped fresh basil or 2 T dried basil
- 1 (26oz) jar prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/2 C grated parmesan or romano cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 13x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water. Let pasta dry on paper towels.
3. For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 C mozzarella with the ricotta & fresh basil. Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
4. Spoon 2 C spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top of pasta. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
5. Bake manicotti for 15 mins. Sprinkle with the parmesan; bake for 10 mins longer. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Italian manicotti 4.4/5 (7 Votes)