- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder or leg, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, cut into eighths
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup (5 1/2 ounces) chopped pitted prunes
- 1/2 tsp salt
Adapted from kitchenaid.com
1 Heat oil in KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker on Sauté setting. Brown lamb on all sides in two batches, stirring with KitchenAid® Stir Tower on low speed. Transfer to bowl.
2 Add onions, garlic, ginger, cinnamon and pepper; cook 30 seconds or until spices are fragrant, stirring with Stir Tower on low speed. Remove Stir Tower. Stir in lamb and any accumulated juices, water and tomatoes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom with wooden spoon. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to Slow Cooker High setting; cook 1 hour.
3 Stir in squash; cover and cook 30 minutes adding additional water, if needed. Add chickpeas, zucchini, prunes and salt; cook 20 minutes or until lamb is tender. Remove cover; simmer until broth is slightly thickened.