Perfect Vanilla Sheet Cake
- 3 cups (300g) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) caster/granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 cups (500g) icing sugar
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1.Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter or spray a 13x9-inch pan, and set aside.
2.Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3.Whisk together the eggs. Add the sugar, and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla extract and vegetable oil, and whisk until combined. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
4.Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread out evenly. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before frosting.
5.Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat together the butter and icing sugar on low speed until light and fluffy. On medium speed, beat in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth, and spreadable. Spread the frosting over the top of the cooled cake, then slice and serve.
You'll also love
- Sun-Drop Pound Cake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)