Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease 2 loaf pans.
In a medium bowl sift next 6 ingredients.
In a large bowl cream butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Blend in sweet potatoes, then eggs, one at a time
add flour in thirds.
Combine just enough to blend.
Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans.
Sprinkle pecans over the top.
Bake until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.
Remove cakes from pans and cool on wire racks
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pound Cake Recipe 4.4/5 (75 Votes)
- Wine Country Chicken Salad with... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Bars 3.7/5 (66 Votes)
- Mounds Brownies 3.8/5 (133 Votes)
- Incredibly Moist & Easy Carrot Cake 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Plentil Crusted Chicken on a Stick 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Hawaiian Chantilly Cake 3.9/5 (257 Votes)
- Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites-Cashew... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)