BLT pasta salad
- 12 ounce corkscrew shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces lean bacon
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 5 heads Bibb lettuce, quartered, (or 5 cups chopped romaine hearts)
Adapted from abirdandabean.com
* Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water as the label directs.
* Drain and toss with the milk in a large bowl; set aside.
* Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
* Drain on paper towels.
* Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings from the pan.
* Add the tomatoes, thyme and garlic to the pan and toss until warmed through; season with salt and pepper.
* Crumble the bacon into bite-size pieces; set aside 1/4 cup for garnish.
* Toss the remaining bacon and the tomato mixture with the pasta.
* Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and 3 tablespoons chives with the pasta until evenly combined.
8 Season with salt and pepper.
* Add the lettuce; toss again to coat.
* Garnish with the reserved bacon and the remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
* Serve at room temperature.