Seafood Cakes with Mustard Crema
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 7 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp, chopped
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons parsley, mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring with a whisk until blended. Set aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add onion and celery; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
3. Combine shrimp and crab in a large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, remaining pepper, remaining 1/4 cup parsley, cheese, salt, egg whites, and egg; stir gently. Add panko; stir gently. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions; flatten to 1/2-inch-thick patties.
4. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully turn over; cook 3 minutes or until done. Serve with sauce.