- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup milk
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir the mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the parsley, prosciutto, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook 2 minutes longer. Add wine; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated. Add tomatoes and heat through.
Spread 1 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/3 cups sauce, and a scant 1/4 cup each of mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the cream, milk and remaining cheeses; spoon over the top.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.