Tomato Based Soup with Beans and Small Pasta.
- 1/2 Lb. (Dry) Great Northern Beans
- 1 Lb. Ditali Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 3-4 Stalks Celery (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2 15 1/2 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 3 Cans Beef Broth
- Garlic Salt
1) Cook Beans According to Directions. Approximately 2 1/2 hours. Do not Drain and save all liquid for soup.
2) In a large soup pot, while beans are cooking make a thin sauce as follows:
- Saulte garlic, celery and onions in oil.
- Add Seasonings to taste.
- Add tomato sauce to above mixture
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Beef Broth to mixture
- Simmer for 30 minutes
3) Cook 1 Lb. Ditali pasta.
- Par Boil less than Adante (Semi-Hard Pasta)
- Drain some water, save in another container in case you need it. Leaving water 2 inches over pasta.
4) Add pasta, beans, and water into soup pot. Taste, and add more seasonings as desired.
Note: If mixture looks as if it needs more liquid, add the reserved water from pasta/beans, as needed.