- 2 oz (2/3 cup dry pasta) whole wheat elbow pasta
- 1 cup broccoli (steamer microwave bag)
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans (canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Skinny Pesto Ingredients
- 1 tbsp basil paste
- 1 ⁄4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ⁄2 tsp shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp nely chopped walnuts
- 1 ⁄4 cup veggie stock
Bring water to a boil.
Microwave broccoli according to package directions.
Slice cherry tomatoes. Rinse and drain beans.
Add pasta to boiling water and cook 6-7 minutes, or according to package directions.
In small bowl mix all skinny pesto ingredients.
Strain pasta and place in serving bowl. Add broccoli, sliced tomatoes, cannellini beans, and pesto. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 1 serving
Calories: 419 ● Fat: 3.5g ● Sodium: 693mg ● Carbohydrate: 65g ● Fiber: 16g ● Protein: 20g