Buko Pandan Dessert
This classic dessert from the Philippines is refreshing and perfect for those hot summer days.
- 2 cups shredded young coconut (buko)
- 1 pack all purpose cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon pandan essence
- 1 box pandan gulaman/jelly
- 1/4 cup uncooked mini Sago Pearls
- 3 cups coconut water or plain water to cook gulaman
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a small saucepan, bring water to boil and pour in uncooked mini Sago Pearls, simmer for 10 minutes. Once the Sago Pearls are cooked, pour the contents of the saucepan through a sieve to strain out the hot water. Place sieve under your kitchen tap to lightly rinse the Sago Pearls with cold water then completely drain and let it cool.
Cook Pandan Gulaman/Jelly as instructed in the packet directions, let it cool/set completely before cutting the jelly into bite size cubes.
In a big mixing bowl, place Buko (shredded young coconut) and cooked mini sago then add in the all purpose cream.
Pour in condensed milk and Pandan essence. Combine the mixture well by stirring it with a ladle a few times to make sure that the Pandan essence is well dispersed. Into the bowl add the cubed Pandan Gulaman/Jelly.
Stir your Buko Pandan Salad a couple of times to gently combine your Pandan Gulaman/Jelly. Cover the bowl with a lid/clingwrap and refrigerate overnight. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and serve this it chilled.
You'll also love
- Meatloaf with Turkey, Pork &... 3.1/5 (48 Votes)
- 10 Egg Pound Cake 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Starbucks Oatcakes 3.7/5 (31 Votes)
Review this recipe