Bloody Mary Chili (PW)
- Olive oil, for sauteing
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 15 ounces Bloody Mary mix, plus more if needed
- 1/4 cup vodka, optional
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- Several dashes Tabasco, or to taste
- Several dashes Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- For serving: celery sticks, carrot sticks, ranch dressing and tortilla chips
In a large pot over medium heat, add some olive oil and saute the celery and onions until soft. Add the garlic and stir, then add the ground beef. Cook until browned, 5 to 10 minutes; drain off the excess fat. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and oregano.
In a pitcher, mix up the Bloody Mary mix, vodka if using, Montreal steak seasoning, Tabasco and Worcestershire and add it to the pot. Add the kidney and pinto beans, stir together well, cover and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add more Bloody Mary mix or water if needed during simmering.
Serve with celery and carrot sticks, ranch dressing and tortilla chips.