Making your own pizza dough is simple, if time consuming, but so rewarding. Once you're ready to bake your pie, get ready for a delicious seafood pizza!
- PIZZA DOUGH:
- 1 package regular active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 12 uncooked medium fresh shrimp, in shells
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, about 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese, about 2 ounces
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 170mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in half of the flour, the oil, salt and sugar. Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy enough to handle.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in large bowl greased with shortening, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover and let rise in warm place 20 minutes.
Gently push fist into dough to deflate. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 48 hours, deflating dough occasionally.
Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 500°F. On lightly floured surface, press or roll dough into 12-inch round. Place on ungreased pizza screen or in 12-inch perforated pizza pan. Press dough from center to edge so edge is thicker than center.
Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Spread pizza sauce over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle cheeses over sauce. Arrange shrimp, anchovies and scallops on cheeses. Sprinkle basil, pepper and garlic over seafood. Bake about 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm, scallops are white and cheeses are melted.
You'll also love
- Grilled Salmon & Black Bean Salsa 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
Review this recipe