Slow Cooker Biscuits and Gravy
- NOTE: Make double batch of gravy - I liked it but Michael thought it tasted a little dry because there really wasn't any extra sauce to pour over it
- 1 lb bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- 1 Can (16.3oz) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- Sliced Green Onions, if desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
In 10 inch skillet, break up sausage & cook over medium high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. With slotted spoon, remove sausage from skillet to small bowl; set aside. Decrease heat to medium. Add butter to drippings in skillet; cook until butter is melted. Add flour & pepper; cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly with whish, until no lumps remain. Slowly add milk; cook 1 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Stir in cooked sausage.
Spray 5 - 6 qt oval slow cooker with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces; place in slow cooker. Pour sausage mixture on top of biscuit pieces in slow cooker. Cover top of interest with large kitchen towel. Place slow cooker lid on top of top of towel. (This prevents condensation from dripping onto biscuits during cooking.) Cook on LOW heat setting 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours. Insert paring knife into center of casserole to make sure biscuits are fully baked; outer edge will be deep golden brown. Top with green onions before serving.
You'll also love
- BISCUITS AND GRAVY CASSEROLE 0/5 (0 Votes)