Biscuits and gravy (michael symon)
- 2 T evoo
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 lb andouille sausage (casing removed)
- 2 1/2 T Flour
- 2 c low sodium chicken stock
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 3 scallions (sliced)
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/3 c flat leaf parsley(chopped)
1) Make Martha Stewart Biscuits
2) Gravy: Place a saute pan over med-high heat. When the pan is hot, add drizzle of olive oil and andouille sausage. Cook the sausage, breaking it up into small bits as it browns. Cook sausage until well browned, about 8 min. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook until onions start to break down and become translucent about 3 minutes. Add flour, stir to combine and cook for 1 minute. Stir in stock, cream, red pepper and scallions. Simmer for 15 minutes or up to 45 minutes on low heat. The gravy will thicken and reduce slightly.
Slice biscuits in half. Spoon gravy over biscuits and garnish with parsley.