Amaretto Bread Pudding
Bread pudding takes on Amaretto in this delicious dessert! The topping that you add at the end and put under the broiler makes this warm and wonderful!
- 1 pound French bread loaf, plain, use a thick unbuttered bread
- 1 quart half and half, not heavy cream
- 1/2 stick of butter, not margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Tear french bread loaf into bite-sized pieces, place in a medium size bowl
Pour quart of half and half over bread and soak for one hour, stirring occasionally
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 stick of melted butter, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 3 eggs. Then stir in 2 tablespoons almond extract and 3/4 cups sliced almonds.
Put soaked bread pieces into a buttered 9 x 13 glass dish. Pour almond mixture over the top.
Bake in a 325°F preheated oven for 45 minutes.
SAUCE FOR AMARETTO BREAD PUDDING:
Cook 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup powdered sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until hot.
Allow the sugar mixture to cool to room temperature. Whisk in 1 egg and 1/4 cup Amaretto.
After the bread pudding is cooked, slice it lengthwise and crosswise in the baking dish. Spoon sauce mixture over the top. Then, put the pudding back into the oven under the broiler until the sauce bubbles. WATCH CAREFULLY! It is really easy to burn the top of the pudding at the end.
It is important to bring the sauce to a bubble, to cook the egg in the topping.
You'll also love
- Sausage & Herb Stuffing 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Irish American... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Yoder's Peanut Butter Pie 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Magic Cookie Bars (Hello Dollies) 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- White Chocolate Tiramisu Trifle... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Pavlova with Lemon Curd & Berries 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Croissant Breakfast Bread Pudding... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)