- 2 cups assorted mushrooms (large ones halved)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh Tarragon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Polenta (instant is best)
- 2 tbsp butter (I used Organic Smart Balance, as always)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Taleggio or Fontina cheese
Adapted from thewesternwild.com
Sauté the mushrooms over medium heat in the olive oil until they are golden brown on both sides. Turn the heat to low and add the garlic, thyme and tarragon. Keep warm.
Cook the polenta in the vegetable stock (instant will take about 5 minutes). Once the polenta has reached a porridge-like consistency, mix the butter and Parmesan in with it. Spread the polenta in an oven-safe dish and cover with the Taleggio or Fontina (it should look like a pizza!).
Broil at 425° for 2 or 3 minutes, just until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and pour the mushroom and oil mixture over top. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or so and then serve warm!