Seafood Pot Pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 pound medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh bay scallops
- 1 (8-ounce) container lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Recipe for Drop Buttermilk Biscuits, recipe follows
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 4 (2-cup) oven safe bowls. Place bowls on a jelly roll pan.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, mushrooms and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in Creole seasoning, sherry and cheese. Stir in half-and-half, and cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and add shrimp, scallops and crab. Spoon into prepared dish.
Spoon the Drop Buttermilk Biscuits evenly over each casserole. Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, garlic powder and cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Yields: 12 biscuits