Wild Rice Mushroom Chicken
- 2 packages (6 ounces each0 long grain and wild rice mix
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (4 1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chicken in 3 tablespoons butter for 10 minutes on each side or until browned and juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
2. Add the remaining butter to the pan drippings; saute red pepper until tender. Stir in mushrooms; heat through. Add to rice. Serve four chicken breasts with half of the rice mixture.
3. place remaining chicken in a greased 11" x 7" baking dish top with remaining rice mixture. Cool. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
To Use Frozen Casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cover and bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes or until heated through.