Chicken Parmesan Pasta Toss
- 6 oz. (2 Cups) dry penne pasta
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 12 oz boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 cup tomatoe seeded & chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoe sliced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 chopped fresh basil
While preparing sauce cook pasta
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skill;et over medium heat. Add the panko breadcrumbs and 1/4 Cup of the Parmeasan. Stir well and toast until golden brown about 1-2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
Add remaining 1 1/2 tsps oil and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken and garlicand saute' fir 3-4 minutes or until chicken is mostly cooked through. Springkle oregan, salt and pepper over the chicken. Add both tomatoes and stir.
In a small bowl, whick cornstarch into the chicken broth and add to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through. Add the fresh basil and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
Place the pasta in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over and stir gently. Sprinkle the panko Parmesan crumbs over the pasta and serve.