Steak And Mushrooms Oriental
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 can water chestnuts - (8 1/2 oz) undrained, sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups thinly-sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (green onions)
Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 5 1/2 cups); set aside. Trim excess fat from beef; cut crosswise on the diagonal into thin strips.
In a wok or large skillet heat oil until hot. Add beef, half at a time. Cook and stir until beef is browned; remove to a platter.
Add reserved mushrooms and remaining ingredients to skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables are just crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add reserved meat; cook and stir until hot. Serve over steamed rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)