Skewered Chicken And Mushroom Satay
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 1 can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice - (8 oz)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut 1" pieces
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper cut 1" chunks
- 2/3 cup Thai peanut sauce divided
Preheat grill or broiler. Trim and halve mushrooms; (makes about 4 cups). Place in a large bowl.
Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice. To the bowl with the mushrooms, add pineapple chunks, the chicken, pepper chunks, and 1/3 cup of the peanut sauce; toss until well coated.
On eight (6-inch) skewers, arrange mushrooms, chicken, peppers and pineapple, dividing evenly. Place skewers on a rack. Grill or broil until chicken is just cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes, turning once and brushing with leftover peanut sauce marinade.
In a small dish, combine remaining 1/3 cup peanut sauce and 2 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice. Use as a dipping sauce with skewers. If desired, serve with steamed rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.