Chicken And Mushrooms Alla Cortina
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine divided
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti cooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
Rinse, pat dry and slice fresh mushrooms (makes about 5 cups). In large skillet heat 2 tablespons of the butter. Add the mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. Add chicken; cook until heated; set aside.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water; stir in cream; set aside.
In a large saucepan heat remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, blend well. Gradually mix in bouillon and cream mixture. Cook and stir over low heat until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and white pepper. Add reserved mushrooms and chicken; heat only until hot. Serve over hot spaghetti.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Chicken And Mushroom Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)