Chicken And Mushroom Casserole
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 3 pounds chicken cut serving pieces
- 1 can unsweetened pineapple chunks - (20 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup green pepper strips
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions or green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 medium carrots peeled
- 1 cup water
Rinse, pat dry and slice fresh mushrooms (makes about 2 1/2 cups); set aside.
Arrange chicken on a rack in a broiler pan. Place under a preheated hot broiler 4 inches from heat source until browned on both sides; discard pan drippings. Transfer chicken to a 2-quart casserole.
Drain and reserve liquid from pineapple; set aside. Sprinkle mushrooms, pineapple, green pepper and scallions over chicken. Mix pineapple liquid with cornstarch, salt and ginger. Pour over ingredients in casserole. Cover tightly. Bake in a preheated moderate oven (350 degrees) until chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, thinly slice carrots. Add carrots; cook until crisp tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve chicken on large platter surrounded with carrots.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Caesar Salad With Crisp Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)