Party Chicken And Mushrooms
- 1 pound white fresh mushrooms
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons oil divided
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup - (10 3/4 oz)
- 1 soup can water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
Rinse, pat dry and slice fresh mushrooms (makes about 5 cups); set aside.
Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a very large skillet heat 3 tablespoons of the oil. Add chicken, about one-quarter at a time; brown on all sides; remove and set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add celery and onions; saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in mushroom soup, water, wine and black pepper. Stir in browned chicken. Bring to the boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter. Add reserved sliced mushrooms; saute for 3 minutes. Stir into skillet with chicken. If desired, serve over hot buttered noodles sprinkled with chopped parsley
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Pad Thai With Fresh Mushrooms And... 0/5 (0 Votes)