Mushroom And Chicken Teriyaki
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms stems removed, and sliced
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 green onions (scallions) sliced (1/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons sliced garlic
- 6 ounces cooked chicken cut thin strips
- 4 Chinese cabbage or bok choy leaves
In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, ginger and 1/2 cup water; set aside.
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until they release their liquid, about 3 minutes. Add bell pepper, green onions and garlic; cook and stir until mushroom liquid evaporates and garlic begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add chicken.
Stir teriyaki mixture and add to the skillet mixture; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
Arrange cabbage leaves on four plates; spoon mushroom-chicken mixture on top, dividing evenly.
This recipe yields 4 servings.