Martin Yan's Meat Filled Mushrooms
- BRAISING SAUCE:
- 6 large raw shrimp deveined, and finely chopped
- 4 ounces ground meat (pork or beef)
- 2 teaspoons wine
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-minced ginger
- 8 large fresh shiitake mushrooms stems removed
- 8 medium white button mushrooms stems removed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch for dusting
- 2/3 cup soup stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salted black beans rinsed, and lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons sweet rice wine (mirin)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Combine shrimp, meat, rice, wine, soy sauce and ginger in a bowl; mix well.
Lightly dust mushroom caps with cornstarch. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons shrimp-meat filling inside each mushroom cap.
Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat surface. Pan fry filled mushrooms, meat-side down, until browned.
Pour in braising sauce; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Marinated Mushrooms IV 0/5 (0 Votes)