Holiday Mushroom Spread
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms stems removed, and caps chopped (abt 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots or green onions
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until golden, about 5 minutes. Add shallots; cook and stir until mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Add sherry, salt, black pepper and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute; cool.
In a food processor combine mushroom mixture; cream cheese and mayonnaise; process until almost smooth. Place in a covered container; chill at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers, sweet pepper strips, Belgium endive leaves, etc.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)