Herbed Mushroom Patties
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 slices bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsely
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs if needed
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
Rinse, pat dry and finely chop fresh mushrooms (makes about 5 1/2 cups). In a large skillet melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Remove cover, cook over high heat until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes; set aside.
Trim crusts from bread; cut bread into small pieces (makes about 2 cups). Moisten bread with milk. Put bread and mushroom mixture into the jar of an electric blender. Cover and blend until mixture is pasty.
In a large bowl combine mushroom mixture with egg, dill and parsley; mix well. If mixture is too soft to form into patties, add dry breadcrumbs.
In a large skillet heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Drop mushroom mixture by the quarter cupful onto skillet; flatten slightly. Saute over moderately-high heat until golden brown, turning once.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Mushrooms With Sherry 0/5 (0 Votes)