Shiitake Mushroom Salad
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms trimmed, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens - (to 5)
- 1/2 cup green beans cut in thin strips
- 1/3 cup carrots cut in thin strips
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper cut thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
Saute shiitake mushrooms in 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat until browned. Set aside.
To make dressing, combine sherry vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and slowly add olive oil. Toss lettuce, beans, carrots and red pepper with dressing to coat. Place on individual plates. Arrange mushrooms on top and add nuts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.